Charles IV. and Prague is something what suits together. Charles was born in Prague nad he died in Prague as well, he is buried in Prague. Eventhough i tis not possible to visist the Royal tomb yet, Charles personality remain numerus monuments which can not be overlooked. Among the best known we can name Charles Bridge, Cathedral of st. Vitus, Wenceslass and Adalbert, Monastery Na Slovanech, Charles University, Charles Square…
This year Prague lives by several preparations for the celebrations of the 700th anniversary of the birth of the sovereign. You will see the Bohemian Crown Jewels and many series of exhibitions will follow. The organizers promis that you will not recognize Charles as a Roman Emperor and a King, but also as a man with a weaknes for ladies both married nad singles, a man who had 11 legitimate and some illegimate children, dull scholar and occasional schemer, an art lover, collector of relics of saint…
Czech nation chose Charles' biggest Cech ", although he was the father and the mother Luxembourg quarter German.
What, then, at least in Prague, you will be able to see?
- Great knight celebrations 9 to 10 7th 2016 Prague Castle Gardens
- Czech glass in the reign of Charles IV. - Tuscan Palace, an exhibition + glass blowing at the glass furnace, engraving and cutting of glass blowing glass pieces, winding lamp beads, painting Christmas ornaments 3.6 - August 28, 2016
- The work of Charles IV. in the course of centuries, 21. 2. 2016 - 12. 6. 2016 Valsdštejnský Palace, Charles IV. as a man of many faces (diplomat, King, Emperor, religiously oriented person, relationship to France)
- Lectures and walks Cipher father's homeland - New Town Hall, monastery Na Slovanech, Vyšehrad, Prague Castle
- Bohemian Crown Jewels 15. 5. - 29. 5. 2016 Vladislav Hall of Prague Castle
- Emperor Charles IV. 1316-2016 May 15, 2016 - September 25, 2016 Wallenstein Riding School - about what Charles IV. really was
- Scepter and crown: Charles IV. Czech royal coronations and Imperial Stables,15, 5 to 28 9.16
Apart from these events will take place special events, of which the advance read on FB. Other events will take place outside of Prague and the Czech Republic.